Antartica, South Georgia & Falklands Odyssey
Escorted Tour & Cruise departing 9 March 2021
Cathie Rice Travel’s experienced Polar Tour Escort Crandon is returning to Antarctica for the 4th time, and invites you to join him on this epic voyage ~ a wildlife enthusiasts dream! Set sail from Ushuaia aboard the Ocean Endeavour to cross the Drake Passage to the world’s most remote continent – Antarctica.
Wildlife enthusiasts and photographers alike cannot fail but be impressed by the incredible scenery and wildlife encounters on this epic 21-day voyage. Set sail aboard the magnificent Ocean Endeavour as we discover Antarctica, the world’s last frontier and the land of penguins and icebergs. After an amazing exploration of Antarctica and the South Shetland Islands, we follow in the footsteps of the heroic polar explorer, Sir Ernest Shackleton, to South Georgia, ruled by penguins and home to the greatest concentration of wildlife on Earth. Explore the ruggedly beautiful Falkland Islands, with their spectacular array of birdlife, flora and fauna.
This is a journey of a lifetime, and one not to be missed.
If you are considering a trip to Antarctica, this is the one you need to be on! This is such a unique itinerary and covers all major parts of this amazing destination. ~ Crandon Keddie ~
SPECIAL GUEST PAUL KELLY!
WHY CHOOSE THIS CRUISE PACKAGE?
- You will be escorted by an experienced guide*. Crandon has travelled to South America four times, and to the Antarctic region three times – this will be his fourth trip to Antarctica.
- You will visit the Falkland Island archipelago and South Georgia. These places offer an abundance of wildlife and are a paradise for wildlife enthusiasts and photographers alike.
- You will have the possibility to step foot on the great white continent to experience some of the most unique wildlife viewing and inspiring scenery in the world.
- While at sea, the expedition team will prepare you for your Antarctic experience. They will provide you with insights on everything Antarctic – from the history and geology to the incredible wildlife.
- In three weeks, you will gain an extensive Antarctica experience including the South Shetland Islands, the Antarctic Peninsula, South Georgia and several locations on the Falkland Islands.
- You will experience the incredible diversity of the Antarctic region: from the rich wildlife and unique ecosystems to historic sites and research stations.
- Kayaking in the far-flung corners of the world is an experience guaranteed to refresh your soul. Paddling in small groups, you’ll glide between ice floes, brash ice and icebergs dotted with wildlife. Previous kayaking experience is required. (Subject to availability. Current cost USD1090.00 pp.)
- Private photography workshops – Includes workshops prior to arrival in Antarctica, critiquing sessions while in Antarctica and editing workshops on the return journey. Some zodiac excursions on dedicated zodiac and dedicated to Photography guide on landings. Return with the best capture memories possible. (Subject to availability. Current cost USD1090.00 pp.)
*We have travellers joining our group from all parts of Australia. Crandon will meet you in Buenos Aires on 9 March 2021. If you wish to travel from Perth to Buenos Aires with Crandon, this is certainly possible, however your holiday may entail having one more night pre-tour in Buenos Aires (8 March 2021), as Crandon may need to travel one day earlier to meet other travellers. The cost of this extra night will be added to your statement of account. Crandon’s flight details will be confirmed once flights are able to be booked.
Flights currently out of system range. These will be available to book early April 2020.